assigned to the Ministry under the Government of India (Allocation of Business)
Rules, 1961 made by the President under Article 77(3) of the Constitution of
- Dates of summoning and
prorogation of the two Houses of Parliament: Dissolution of Lok Sabha,
Presidents Address to Parliament.
- Planning and Coordination
of legislative and other official business in both Houses.
- Allocation of Government
time in Parliament for discussion of motions given notice of by Members.
- Liaison with Leaders and
Whips of various Parties and Groups represented in Parliament.
- Lists of Members of Select
and Joint Committees on Bills.
- Appointment of Members of
Parliament on Committees and other bodies set up by Government.
- Functioning of Consultative
Committees of Members of Parliament for various Ministries.
- Implementation of
assurances given by Ministers in Parliament.
- Governments stand on
Private Members Bills and Resolutions.
- Secretarial assistance to
the Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs.
- Advice to Ministries on
procedural and other Parliamentary matters.
- Coordination of action by
Ministries on recommendations of general application made by Parliamentary
- Officially sponsored visits
of Members of Parliament to places of interest.
- Matters connected with
powers, privileges and immunities of Members of Parliament.
- Parliamentary Secretaries -
- Organisation of Youth Parliament Competitions in
Schools/Colleges throughout the country.
- Organisation of All India Whips Conference.
- Exchange of Government Sponsored Delegations of Members of
Parliament with other countries.
- Determination of Policy and follow up action in regard to
matters raised under rule 377 of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of
Business in Lok Sabha and by way of Special Mentions in Rajya Sabha.
- Manual for Handling Parliamentary work in
- The Salaries and Allowances of Officers of Parliament Act, 1953
(20 of 1953).
- The Salary, Allowances and Pensions of Members of Parliament
Act, 1954 (30 of 1954).
- The Salary, and Allowances of Leaders of Opposition in Parliament
Act, 1977 (33 of 1977).
- The Leader and Chief Whips of Recognised Parties and Groups in Parliament (Facilities) Act, 1998 (5
This Website belongs to
Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs,
Government of India.
Designed and hosted by